To our valued clients and referral sources:
Ten years ago, we went paperless. All our client files are electronic. Five years ago, we moved all our local electronic information to the cloud. Two years ago, we created duplicate work stations for our attorneys at home with WIFI and LTE redundancy. This month, we gave the staff work at home capability. On March 13th, we implemented firm-wide work from home as a social distancing measure.
We are ready to answer every call, every text, every email, with all our client files and company forms at our fingertips. We are prepared for our clients and confident that just like 9/11 and the 2008 financial crisis we will help our clients navigate these rapids to the calm water on the other side. Through video, teleconferencing and screen sharing meetings we are committed to safe and effective communication with each of you.
Call or email us with your questions and we know there are a lot of them:
- Can I implement a particular policy for my employees?
- What responsibility do I have to keep my workplace safe?
- How can I modify my contracts to account for the crisis?
- What options do I have to get the necessary capital to keep in business?
- Does my personal estate plan need to be updated?
- How can I continue in operation without paper documents?
- What about my pending lawsuits?
- Do I have insurance coverage for any of this?
- What about my taxes this year?
In the coming days, we will continue to keep you informed as you take on the challenges for your business and your family. As always, we look forward to being your trusted advisor.
Because of the present uncertainty, the firm has decided to eliminate the requirement for a retainer for new matters for all existing clients. Our goal is solving your problem, now. We can resolve the fair fee on the back end.
On behalf of the entire team at Branscomb Law, it is our privilege to be asked to solve your most important problems at this most important time.
President, Branscomb Law