Clint is a Member of the firm’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on complex commercial and fiduciary litigation at the trial and appellate levels. He has obtained favorable results for clients in trial and appellate courts in a wide array of cases.
B.A., Duke University, 2007 cum laude
J.D., University of Texas, 2010 with honors
All Texas state courts
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Judicial Intern, Hon. Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas, 2008
Clerk, City of Austin Legal Department, 2010
Member, Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section
Appellate Court Experience
- Won reversal of trial court’s interpretation of oil and gas instruments and successfully defended result in Texas Supreme Court, resulting in valuable cash and mineral property award to client.
- Won affirmation of $5 million summary judgment against mineral operator for non-payment of gas proceeds in Court of Appeals; obtained denial of review in Supreme Court of Texas.
- Won affirmation of summary judgment for defendant refinery owner based on Workers’ Compensation defense and Owner Controlled Insurance Program; obtained denial of review in Supreme Court of Texas.
- Won affirmation of summary judgment for defendant refinery contractor based on Workers’ Compensation defense and Owner Controlled Insurance Program.
- Won affirmation of domesticated foreign judgment involving breach of medical equipment lease.
- Won reversal of trial court’s order allowing former shareholder unauthorized access to client corporation’s books and records.
- Successfully defended mandamus petition in Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Texas regarding production of documents.
- Won reversal of trial court’s refusal to compel arbitration in injury case arising from a refinery explosion.
- Successfully briefed and argued numerous other cases in Texas Courts of Appeals, in the Texas Supreme Court, and in the Federal Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Trial Court Experience
- Won $5 million summary judgment against mineral operator for non-payment of gas proceeds.
- Won take-nothing summary judgment for trustee client in seven-figure fiduciary duty dispute.
- Won dozens of other summary judgments and dispositive orders on wide-ranging substantive issues.
- Prepared jury questions and argued charge conference in successful trial over a trustee’s fiduciary duties and control of a $24 million estate.
- Prepared jury questions and argued charge conference in trial arising from the termination of doctor’s employment, centering on covenant not to compete and whether termination was with cause.
Clint lives in Austin with his wife, Jean, and their daughter McClain. He is an avid reader, cook, Duke basketball fan, and guitarist.