Sandra R. White
Sandra R. White, a former human resources director and in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 company, has practiced exclusively in the area of labor and employment law for over two decades. She represents management in a full range of employment law matters, counseling and advising corporate managers, formulating preventive strategies, drafting employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures, and advising employers on rules related to drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transportation employees in trucking and trucking industries. She represents clients in court and before administrative agencies, at mediations and arbitrations, and in settlement negotiations. In addition, she has conducted employment investigations and provided training to numerous clients.
B.B.A., cum laude, Our Lady of the Lake University, 1991
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 1997
Sandra has been involved in individual and class/collective actions involving:
• Race and gender discrimination (including sexual harassment) and retaliation under Title VII and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code
• Age discrimination and retaliation cases under Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code
• Workers compensation retaliation under Section 451 of the Texas Labor Code
• Misclassification and overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
• Discrimination and retaliation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act
• Discrimination claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Restrictive Covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation)
Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2004-2007
Seguin Chamber of Commerce
San Antonio Human Resources Management Association
Sandra is a frequent speaker on labor and employment topics.
Prior to receiving her J.D., Sandra was employed for more than eight years in the area of human resources, including two years as a human resources director for an internationally known electronics manufacturer.
Sandra has also worked as in-house employment counsel for a state agency and a global media and entertainment Fortune 500 company.
Friends of Lake Mc Queeney
Sandra and her husband, David, have two sons and live on Lake McQueeney.